As I mentioned in a previous post, this blog is for me to be transparent about my life and my journey. I sat down recently and did some soul searching into what I want to achieve in the next few months. I'm in a different place now than I was at the beginning of the year. Both physically and mentally. And, it's time I work towards goals that are more reflective of my current situation. After all, a goal without a plan is just an idea!
1. Complete my reading challenge! I've always been an avid reader, so I set a goal to read 24 books this year. Roughly 2 books a month. This last week I completed my 21st book! I began incorporating 30-45 minutes of reading before bed to help me unwind. Not only has this help my sleep, but it's also helped me get in my reading time. I'm quite confident I will achieve this goal before the end of the year.
2. Lose another 15 pounds. As i write this, i have lost 24 pounds this year. While I had hoped to be further in my goal , I'm also proud that through everything that has happened over the last 9 months, I continued to lose weight and maintain that weight loss. I chose 15 as my goal number, so that I'm being realistic in my goals and not setting myself up for failure.
3. Wedding Planning. In June, Marcial and I paid our deposit and officially selected our wedding venue and date. But, we haven't really looked into anything else since. We both agree it's time to get on that and make sure we have everything booked within the next few months. Which leads me to my next goal...
4. Review my budget. All the recent changes in my life (new job, new apartment, wedding, etc) means it's time to review my budget and ensure all my financial goals are being met as we start to plan for the major expenses to come over the next year.
5. Finish my CEUs. For those that don't know, I am a Certified Health Education Specialist. My certification requires that I complete a certain number of continuing education credits per year. At the beginning of the year, I signed up for two courses (self-paced), and can confidently say that I have made no effort towards working on them. In order for that money to not go down the drain, it's time i start working on those.
I hope you all take time to write out some of your goals too. Let's inspire each other to be out best selves.